Great teachers are those who make it their mission to educate and make a lasting impact on the life of people and deserve recognition and appreciation.
It is a good thing to make out time to express gratitude to your teacher, say nice things to them, let them know how much they have invested in you.
You can even go extra and make a thank you card paired with any of the teacher appreciation quotes just to show how much you value their hard work. Get started with the powerful thankyou messages we’ve put together in this article.
What is Teacher Appreciation Day?
Teacher Appreciation Day also refers as Teachers’ Day or National Teacher Day, is an event that takes place annually in the United States.
The National Education Association describes National Teacher Day “as a day for honoring teachers and recognizing the lasting contributions they make to our lives.”
The ceremony usually takes place every first full week in May, the main day Tuesday. During the week-long celebration, students prepare gifts, thank you cards, and appreciation messages to present to their teachers. Many schools to mark the occasion.
However, countries in the other part of the world celebrate their teachers every October 5, which is the world teacher’s day.
A Brief History Of Teachers Appreciation Day
In 1944 Political and educational leaders began discussions for a day to honor teachers. Eleanor Roosevelt persuaded the 81st Congress to proclaim Teachers’ Day In 1953.
Congress declared March 7, 1980, as Teacher Day. The National Education Association continued to observe Teacher Day on the first Tuesday in March until 1985 when the National PTA established Teacher Appreciation Week as the first full week of May.
The NEA Representative Assembly then voted to make the Tuesday of that week Teacher Day.
Why Teacher Appreciation Day?
A teacher or an educator is a person who helps students to gain knowledge, competence, or virtue. Teachers fill a complex set of roles, which vary from one society to another and from one educational level to another.
No matter how old we grow, and who we become, we cannot forget the lessons taught by our teachers. These professionals build the foundation for our moral values and nurture us with their love and care.
There are so many reasons we should make out time and appreciate teachers, some of these reasons are;
- We celebrate Teachers because we want them to know how much we appreciate what they do for us.
- Behind most successful people is a teacher who helped help awaken interests in learning or a particular subject.
- Teachers are dedicated to their students and to education. They always put in their best to meet the needs of their students.
- Teachers are not after money, they have a passion for teaching and for student success.
- Lack of funding, large class sizes, little resources, lack of support, poor administration, socio-economic challenges, little or no professional development, and many other challenges do not stop teachers from doing their work. In fact, they find solutions to these problems.
How To Observe Teacher Appreciation Day
In other to make teacher appreciation day memorable, you have to do something spectacular. You can do extra by researching creative ways you can show your teachers you really appreciate their hard work. We have put together the best ideas for you below!
- Write a teacher with a nice card or note from the student and parent.
- Send in flowers with a note of appreciation.
- If you have access to your teachers’ close friends, find out what they like the most and get them a surprise package if you can afford it.
- Honor them with a breakfast buffet.
30 Nice Things To Say To Your Teacher
You wouldn’t be where you are today, if not for your teacher. They deserve some words of appreciation and a message of thanks. If you’ve been wondering how to start, check out 30 well construction appreciation messages from students, individuals, and guidance to teachers on their appreciation day.
1. At that point I felt like giving up, your words of advice inspired me not to quit. You’ve made a positive difference in my life. I’m grateful!
2. Today I celebrate you for being selfless, devoted, hardworking, and the wisest person in the classroom. I am grateful to be your student. Happy Teacher’s Day!
3. You saw something I didn’t see in myself. Thank you for helping me discover myself
4. A teacher must be creative. I appreciate you because I would not be where I am today in my education skills.
5. You have always been an excellent educator. You got me interested in science with your enthusiastic teaching. Happy teachers’ day to you!
6. You inspire, motivate, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning. Thank you for creating a fun and safe educational environment for me. You are a good teacher.
7. You were so kind and helpful, you guided me to do the right things and make the right choices. Thank you for caring so much
8. Words alone can’t repay all the efforts and hard works you invested to bring out the best. I feel grateful for having a teacher like you!
9. You are an excellent educator who knows exactly how to illuminate a soul with its own light. I appreciate your nice and good teachings. Happy teachers’ day to my favorite teacher!
Teacher appreciation Day message from students
10. We appreciate you because of all the work you put in to give us a good education. You are a blessing in our life. Happy teacher’s day!
11. We are forever grateful for everything you have for me. You show us the bright side when we make a small mistake on our tests and lets us fix them to get a better grade. Happy teachers’ day!
12. Happy teacher’s day! It has been an honor to get to learn so many things from you; thanks for inspiring us! We need more instructors like you in our schools and universities.
14. You were a safe zone for us. Thanks for being our parents, teacher, and friend. We all owe you so much! Happy teachers’ day!
15. It’s been an honor to attend your classes; you taught us in the most possible friendly way! Thank you for being kind to us!
16. Thank you for driving us to reach our potentials and making us think beyond practical boundaries. We are thankful for everything.
More Awesome Teachers’ appreciation messages
17. Thank you for teaching me a subject I thought I could never understand or be interested in. Thank you for making learning fun. Happy Teacher’s Day!
18. You taught me how to speak to other people and learn about their culture. Your positive energy helped me so much to survive the College days! Happy teacher’s day!
19. Teaching is the best profession anyone can ever have. You helped me strive to be the best version of myself and you brought out the best in me. Happy teacher’s day! I wish you have a wonderful time today!
20. Thank you for being my second parent and a fantastic mentor. You truly deserve this day so much. Happy teacher’s day to my most beloved teacher!
21. I consider you the greatest teacher. There is no dull moment in your lessons. Every word you say is so full of wisdom. I respect you with all my heart. Happy teacher’s day!
22. Teachers have to lead by example, and you have always been an excellent example to follow. As a student, I feel very grateful to have such a great mentor in my life. Happy Teacher’s Day!
23. You are the best Teacher in this world. Wherever I may go in my life, I will always remember that I had an excellent guide as a teacher, you. Thank you!
Thankyou Teacher Messages To Teachers From Parents
24. Thank you for being an excellent educator for our child! We appreciate your time, your patience, and efforts. Happy teachers’ day!
25. You show our child how to behave properly; you teach him invaluable lessons, and you make him learn from his mistakes. I appreciate you. Happy Teacher’s Day!
26. Thanks for supporting our child when she was weak. You enlightened her all through. Wishing you a glorious and happy teacher’s day!
27. A good company can be very helpful in building one’s personality. You guided our child like a mentor and accompanied him like a friend. You are the best! Happy teacher’s day!
28. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with my child. We hope someday our daughter will grow up to be just as educated and wise as you! Happy teacher’s day!
29. Very few people have the courage and dedication to take the education of today’s youth into your own hands, but you are doing an amazing job. Happy Teacher’s Day!
30. Thanks for having a big heart and looking forward to making this world a better place with your warm and kind heart! The world needs more teachers like you!
Always seek a chance to tell a teacher why they rock. It will make them feel amazing and encourage them to do more.
When is Teacher Appreciation Day 2023?
Teacher Appreciation Day 2022 is on Friday, May 8, 2023.
Teachers are important role models for all educational organizations. Therefore, it is important to set aside a period, and thank them, appreciate their efforts, and support for educating and guiding the students on the right path.
The amazing messages in this article will serve as a better way to thank your teacher and tell them how much you adore them. Feel proud and honored to celebrate Teacher’s day.
Frequently Asked Question On Teacher Appreciation Day
The dates vary every year, but it is always in the beginning of May.
Congress declared March 7, 1980, as National Teacher Day. The National Education Association continued to observe Teacher Day on the first Tuesday in March until 1985 when the National PTA established Teacher Appreciation Week as the first full week of May.
Teacher Appreciation Week isn’t just a time for students and parents to recognize the teachers in their lives! It is also a time for school administration to recognize and show appreciation for their teaching staff. Here are some ways that school administrators can celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week for their staff.